In addition to caring for the flock of chickens, gaggle of geese, colony of bees, and expanding gardens, I spend much of my free time doing freelance writing projects about my experiences and the things I’ve learned. Here are links to some of my featured pieces:
- Are Geese Right for My Farm?, Hobby Farms, Aug. 2015
- Store-Bought Eggs vs. Farm-Fresh Eggs, Hobby Farms, Aug. 2015
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Top Bar Hives, Hobby Farms, Sept. 2015
- Keeping The Peace in a Mixed-Species Flock, Hobby Farms, Dec. 2015
- Winter Care for Water Fowl, Hobby Farms, Jan. 2016
- Geese: Personalities & Basics, Backyard Poultry magazine, Feb/March 2016
- A History of Geese as Guard Animals, GRIT Guide to Backyard Chickens, March 2016
I also am a featured blogger at Mother Earth News online, and my profile can be viewed here. I post weekly blog entries there on a variety of topics including goose care and history, chicken keeping, and gardening.
I am also a regular contributor to Hobby Farms online, where my pieces on farming appear regularly.
If you are interested in a piece for your publication, please email email@example.com. My areas of special study include care for geese, top bar hive beekeeping, and vegetable gardening in Maine.